I can't believe it's already been a full year since we started this madness. (Okay, technically the year mark was last Friday, but I missed it.)
A few updates, since I've been so busy with the 2011 BookCrossing Convention
that I haven't been updating this.
6. Don't eat fast food for a month
- Since my husband and I started Nutrisystem, this has become a de facto in-progress goal. I last ate fast food on March 1st. If I can make it to the end of this month (and I see no reason why I shouldn't), it'll be counted as done. Which is kind of nifty, actually.
25. Get TBR pile under 50 books (even just temporarily)
- Considering my TBR pile is now closer than ever to 200 books, this is looking unlikely. But we'll see.
43. Participate in 24-Hour Comics Day
- It's October 1st this year, which is so far a free weekend. So there's hope.
44. Complete Thing-a-Day
- I've tried this two years in a row, and honestly I think my problem is that daily activities don't work very well in my lifestyle. Some days I get home from work and have only about two hours to eat dinner, do my chores, and relax before I have to go to bed. Sometimes I honestly can't spare the time or energy. Sometimes I simply do not feel like dealing with it. I'll keep this on the list since I still have one more chance at it, but I suspect this will end up being one of the dollars I donate to charity at the end.
52. Respond to all prompts in A Writer's Book of Days
has a different version of this book, and we've agreed to finish the prompts in our respective volumes by the end of 2011 so we can swap books at the beginning of 2012. Which, I suppose, means I should get a move on. Heh. Maybe after the convention.
58. Make buttons for BookCrossing 2011 Convention goodie bags
- I made 100 on the first of the year, back when we still expected at least 200 people. As attendance stands right now, I'm calling this done for the time being, but leaving it undone on the list until I can post a photo.
87. Visit 1 art-o-mat machine
- I've tried, man. I've tried. I went to the Whole Foods in Tenleytown where it was for years, but as of just recently it evidently has been moved to the Smithsonian American Art Museum
. Which I somehow misread on my little iPhone screen as the National Museum of the American Indian
. Of course, they looked at me like I was completely bananas when I asked them about an art vending machine.
93. Watch all of Dr. Who (first 10 Doctors)
- Changed this to just the ninth, tenth, and eleventh doctors. Honestly, I don't care enough to watch all the old shows, and I don't want to wait that long to get to David Tennant.
95. Fly a kite
- I've been invited to a kite-flying event
on April 30th. I don't know yet if I'll go, but maybe.
Finished: 25 (counting #58)
In progress: 21
I really should be closer to the 36 things done mark, but a few are pretty close to being done, so I'll take it.